TECHNICAL DATA SHEET DR1 SERIES – Dry Offset UV Ink
We have developed our UV dry offset inks to print on cups , pails, buckets and lids made of various types of plastics including PE, PP, PP-CP, PS, ABS, PET and PVC.
Typical applications are direct printing on containers of dairy products like yoghurt & cheese, rigid tubes for packing silicones, plastic pails for packing various types of paints & construction chemicals, egg cartons and caps for carbonated soft drinks.
1 FEATURES :
Our ready to use UV Dry Offset inks (DR-0, DR-1, DR-2) offer the following advantages:
- Low migration
- Low odor ( according to DIN 1230-1 )
- Free from ITX & Benzophenone free
- An optimum combination of high and uniformly dispersed pigments
- Fast curing characteristics allow low mist at fast printing speeds
- Excellent scuff resistance
- Superior ink transfer
- Outstanding colour stability
- Regular light fastness
- High light fastness (HL)
PRODUCT RANGE & RESISTANCE CHART
|HL WARM RED||7||+||+||+||+||+||DR.1-14-HL|
1 FEATURES Cont…..
For applications requiring a wax / silicone free ink please order DR-0 series inks.
For compliance with Nestle Guidance Note on Packing Inks please order DR-2 Series.
(Curing conditions, ink applications and substrate do have an impact on final printing results, we therefore recommend to conduct a trial run and get the food packing tested and certified by a third-party audit).
DR-1 inks are highly reactive yet press-stable, delivering predictable curing and adhesion results when exposed at a running speed of e.g. 600 units per minute to UV lamps of 160 Watts per cm.
- We recommend to achieve optimum printing results by using a pre-treatment by either CORONA or Flame.
- PE, PS, PVC & ABS > 38 dynes per cm PET > 42 dynes per cm.
- PP & PPCP > 44 dynes per cm.
Our ready to use inks can be mixed with:
|Tack Reducer||Recommended 1-3%||Reduces tack|
|PI Additive||Recommended 1-3%||Increases cure speed|
|Slip Additive||Recommended 1-2%||Improves scratch resistance|
|Scuff Additive||Recommended 1-2%||Improves scuff|
DR-0/1/2 inks are packed in 1 KG (NET) black plastic cans with 12 x 1 KG per box.
6 STORAGE & SHELF-LIFE
- DR-0/1/2 inks should be stored in a cool, dry, well ventilated covered area.
- Ambient temperature should be between 20-25 degrees Celsius.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Under these conditions and in its original container, the shelf-life of DR-0/1/2 inks is 12 months from the date of production indicated on the label.
- Excess ink from the press should be stored separately and its stability monitored.
- Several factors during printing will reduce the shelf-life.
- Check thoroughly if reusing.
- Desatec does not guarantee the shelf-life of excess ink, ink that has not been stored in the specified conditions or ink that has been modified in any way.
7 HEALTH & SAFETY
Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for more information.
8 LEGISLATIVE COMPLIANCE
|✓||(EC) 1935 / 2004, (EC) 2023 / 2006
|DR-1 inks do comply with the above requirements and are formulated in accordance with EuPIA Guidelines on Printing Inks for Non-Food Contact Surface of Packaging Materials.|
|✓||SWISS FOPH RS 817.023.21|
|DR-1 inks do comply with the above SWISS requirements and confirm to EN 71:3 making the product suitable for packaging applied to toys and games in addition to indirect food packaging.|
|✓||NESTLE GUIDANCE NOTES|
|DR-2 inks do comply with the above Nestle Guidance Notes.|
DR-0/1/2 inks are NOT suitable for direct food contact
The above statements are accurate to the best of our knowledge and belief. However, due to the great number of possible influences during the manufacture of the substrates and the variation in the application process we suggest that suitability testing take place under actual conditions before production. No legally binding guarantee of certain properties or of the suitability for a definite application purpose can be derived from the above information.
Copyright Photos: Shutterstock from Adike